Here at RED5 Safety Training we strive to advocate, inspire, empower, and educate everyone on the importance of knowing the essential skills to save a life!
It’s unfortunate, but the reality is that Sudden Cardiac Arrest happens, and can happen to anyone, at anytime. If you witness or find someone who is not conscious and not breathing, please be the difference for them by knowing what to do next.
It’s simple, really. Call 9-1-1 so that professional help is on the way. Start chest compressions to move oxygen rich blood to the persons vital organs. Use an AED as soon as possible to correct the Heart’s rhythm.
This session will give you the opportunity to hear first hand from qualified professionals the importance of knowing these skills. You will also have the opportunity to gain hands on experience with manikins that deliver real-time feedback on the success of your compressions, so you know what it will take, and to use an AED (trainer) because familiarization builds confidence.
We will be covering the following topics:
– How to recognize a cardiac event
– Importance of early activation of 9-1-1
– Importance of Early Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – CPR with a focus on Compression Only CPR
– Familiarization with an Automated External Defibrillator – AED
– Importance of using an AED
– Talk to Health Care Providers
– Ask questions because there is no such thing as a ‘stupid’ question
Most importantly you will leave with the skills to make the difference. While we hope you will never need to use these skills, if you ever do, we hope you will make it count!
This is a FREE event, but seating is limited so please reserve your spot at this family friendly event.